Thursday, April 15, 2010

Five Guys Burger and Fries (Plano, TX)

Five Guys Burger and Fries
8240 Preston Rd
Plano, TX 75024
(463) 362-7070
www.fiveguys.com

Burger: LBC, with extra mayo, lettuce, grilled onions and extra bacon.
Architecture: bun, mayo, lettuce, cheese, patty, bacon, onions, bun.

Five Guys redeems America where McDonald's fails: that fast-food
burger can taste stupendously good. Five Guys is of course the
Virginia-based burger chain that has expanded exponentially in the
past few years, much more so than In-N-Out, the other
critically-acclaimed fast-food burger chain. While I have had plenty
good experiences at In-N-Out, Five Guys has heretofore eluded me: when
I was living in the east coast I did not have the opportunity to try out Five
Guys. Now that Five Guys is in Dallas, I had to check them out.

The main attraction of Five Guys, aside from its affordable and
delicious burgers, is the extensive topping list from which any diner
can build its burger. And then all the toppings are free, making Five
Guys effectively a BYOB fast-food joint. I ordered an LBC (little
bacon cheeseburger) with mayo, lettuce, grilled onions and extra
bacon. The griddled meat tasted surprisingly similar to In-N-Out's.
While In-N-Out had its secret sauce, my Five Guys' BYOB offered
something similar with its grilled onions and mayo.

Five Guys' burgers are pretty good, but it will have plenty of
competition in the fast-food burger category in Texas: Whataburger,
Sonic, and all the mom-n-pops joints that dot the state. I hope Five
Guys does well in Texas, but my gut feeling is that, with such fierce
competition, the road ahead will be bumpy and difficult.



201004141681



201004141689



201004141691



201004141685

No comments:

Post a Comment