Thursday, April 15, 2010

2010 Burger Shootout: DFW

Fans will remember that I had 8 burgers in 4 days last year. This year, my task was to hit as many new burger joints as possible while having only two free meal slots in the Dallas metroplex. So, how did I do?


I ended up having four burgers, one for one lunch, and three in the evening before my flight back to Asia. The ranking (click-thru link to read review):


1. Twisted Root Burger Co (Richardson, TX)
2. Village Burger Bar (Plano, TX)
3. Five Guys (Plano, TX)
4. Brick House Tavern and Tap (Plano, TX)


These are of course burger joints that I haven't been to. Arteries be damned, my favorite in the Metroplex remains Whataburger, although Twisted Root is not far behind. I would rank Snuffer's and Jake's Joint higher than Village Burger Bar and similar to TRBC, and Fuddrucker's and Country Burger in Plano well ahead of Five Guys but similar to Village Burger Bar. Brick House sits low in the pecking order, but with its affordable prices, massive quantities and lovingly attentive BH girls, I would most certainly be back!

No comments:

Post a Comment