Friday, December 21, 2012

Ladurée

Ladurée
Shop 3224, 3/F, Gateway Arcade, Harbour City, 17 Canton Road Tsim Sha Tsui

I am not a particularly big fan of macarons, and Ladurée, despite its name and recognition, couldn't carve out an exception in my book. My friends find the Ladurée experience life-transforming, while I merely found it good eats but not something I would line up everyday for 1.5 hours to buy. I freely concede that some of Ladurée's jammy fillings (especially its raspberry and blackcurrant) and buttercreams (praline, rose) are wonders of taste, because they truly impart the natural flavors of the food, but others (vanilla, coconut, pistachio) are merely bare passers and did not inspire poetry. I don't mind having them frequently or occasionally, but not with a wait that is longer than most of Mahler's symphonies.



No comments:

Post a Comment