Sunday, December 28, 2008

Pastries at the Pagoda Tea Room


Img_5998


Place: Pagoda Tea Room. Colombo, Sri Lanka.
Dish: assorted pastries.

Nothing beats starting the day with a sumptuous breakfast of fried and
baked food. Pagoda Tea Room, a well-regarded institution among Colombo
residents, serves up some of the finest, freshest pastries in town.
For my breakfast, I ordered (clockwise from right): fish cutlets, fish
and egg pastry, and fish roll.

Getting to the Pagoda Tea Room is not easy: due to its close proximity
to the presidential compound, the road leading to the restaurant is
completely road-blocked and under severe military surveillance. I am
able to sneak in only after showing my passport and ensuring that all
the destruction I could muster while visiting Pagoda is, by way of
their food's oily excesses, to my health. Humor does help.

No comments:

Post a Comment